How to migrate data to iPhone 7 from our current iPhone ?

vemi007
vemi007
Community Member

I have all my passwords in my vault on iPhone 6 , it is currently syncing to my iCloud. I am planning to purchase a new iPhone 7 and planning to exchange my current iPhone for reduced price. So I have to reset my current iPhone and give it to store when buying the new one. So I am not sure once I factory reset my iphone 6 and buy the new iPhone 7. I do now know how to get back my 1password app and all accounts synced to icolud to my new iphone. If someone can give me exact steps for this scenario will be much appreciated.

I do not have an 1Password account. Appreciate any help quickly. Also do I need to purchase the app on the new iphone 7 as well ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vemi007! Thanks for reaching out to us, and congratulations on the new iPhone. :)

It sounds like you're on the right track, but to double-check, can you make sure that iCloud syncing within 1Password is all set up before you proceed with wiping your iPhone 6?

If needed, you can download 1Password from the App Store again. As long as you're signed in with the correct Apple ID, you'll be on the right track. Once you've downloaded 1Password on your iPhone, you will want to pick the option "Use without an account," then "Sync with iCloud" and follow the instructions from there. :)

To restore your Pro features, open 1Password and unlock your vault. Tap Settings > Pro features. Then tap Restore Purchase.

Please keep us in the loop, and let us know if any questions arise during the migration process.

• vemi007
    vemi007
    Community Member

Thanks much for the information. Yes, I am already setup. When I go to Settings -> Sync , I see the following as mentioned below;-

Primary iCloud >
    Sync Now

I have synced it up a couple of times and also taken a backup as well. I will follow your steps and contact you if I have any questions. Thanks again.

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni

Excellent, it sounds like iCloud syncing is indeed up-and-running. And again, congratulations! I'm only slightly jealous. ;)

• tracy_yates
    tracy_yates
    Community Member

I am having a similar issue. I bought a new iPhone 7, but didn't sync my iPhone 6 vault with iCloud before starting to use the new phone. I got the app installed, but can't open it. I am a longtime user and do not recognize the Families and Teams version of the app. Where did all my data go? Help!!!! I don't have a 1Password account and can't login to the app. I was able to download the Mac version and see my account on my computer, but when I follow the steps above to sync with iCloud nothing happens after I select the "Sync with iCloud" button. Above you say to follow further instructions--for me nothing happens, no syncing.
    I'm correctly logged in with my Apple ID on both devices.

• tracy_yates
    tracy_yates
    Community Member

Also, when I try to open without an account on my phone it tells me that no 1password data was found on iCloud.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I bought a new iPhone 7, but didn't sync my iPhone 6 vault with iCloud before starting to use the new phone. [...] Also, when I try to open without an account on my phone it tells me that no 1password data was found on iCloud.

@tracy_yates: if you didn't sync your 1Password data with iCloud previously, there won't be any data there for 1Password to retrieve. Were you using Dropbox sync before instead? Where do you have your 1Password data currently, on a computer, or the old iPhone? Please let me know!

This discussion has been closed.