To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I undo signing up for individual account?

Options
becka
becka
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Memberships

I was trying to set up 1Password on a new Android device and followed the setup instructions requesting the app key which led me down a path to sign up for some monthly billing account. How do I undo this? I really, really feel tricked/duped into signing up for a monthly fee when I have already paid on both iOS and Android platforms for a perpetual license, bonus/pro features, etc.

Now my Mac app says I'll lose access to my vault if I sign out of this new account. How on Earth do I undo this? Also, I've been a loyal user for years but this is seriously making me reconsider continuing to use this app. I feel tricked. Please help me fix this so I don't lose access to all my passwords in the next 30 days.

Also, this is a TERRIBLE experience.

1Password Version: (was 5 - ??)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:undo account signup

Comments

• Hi @becka! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you already paid for 1Password on those platforms, you can use that purchase on new devices as well with Dropbox:

How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

Now my Mac app says I'll lose access to my vault if I sign out of this new account. How on Earth do I undo this?

Not to worry. Your new account only contains items if you migrated them to it. You can sign out of the account and your vaults that are not in it will stay on your computer.

You can also delete the account you created by signing in from https://my.1password.com, clicking your name in the top right, and choosing My Profile. There's a link to delete the account at the bottom of that page. Now you should be all set to use 1Password on your new devices. :)

• becka
    becka
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Thanks for responding. Is there a way to confirm that nothing has been migrated before I delete the account?

edit: Never mind, I figured it out.

Are you guys open to some feedback about your online instructions? This is what led to all of the confusion.

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @becka. Absolutely, we'd love to hear your thoughts. You're referring to when you first set up 1Password on your new Android device, right? :)

• Feedback would be wonderful @becka. I'm sorry those led to confusion — let's get it cleared up.

This discussion has been closed.