Browser update glitches

aquirtaquirt Junior Member

Really ugly runaround trying to get browser extensions installed. If the browser currently running is not your default browser, clicking the update button in the update-required dialog opens the default browser at agilebits, not the browser needing the update. After copy and paste of the URL, still doesn't work because it wants an authorization code that is not visible. Finally found discussion thread and learned that I needed to use 1PW mini to get the code. And then it did not match, until I clicked Cancel repeatedly and eventually it showed the same code as in the browser. Some of this was of course the result of repeatedly trying different things hoping to find a working procedure.

1Password Version: 1PW 1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-24 (650024)
Extension Version: 4.6.2.b1
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

Team Member

Hi @aquirt ,

What happened was likely that you had "queued" authorization requests with different codes. So you saw old attempts that, for some reason, did not show up in your browser, or the window may have been hidden, etc. We're taking steps to minimize this so we thank you greatly for letting us know your experience.

When you click the update, I believe you are right, it opens the default browser. We'll look into whether we can open the non-default browser at this point.

If you get in a state like this again (though the authorization codes are saved, so it shouldn't), the best course of action is to Quit 1Password by holding down the control key while selecting Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the 1Password menu. And then quit all of your browsers. After that, restart 1Password and open each browser and authorize it one at a time. And again, we're taking steps to improve this workflow as well.

Thanks again for letting us know your experience!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.