Browser extension not recognizing my websites

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Update to 6.3.5 is not working.

Comments

• magnusj
    magnusj
    Community Member
    Options

Instead of creating a new post I add it here as there are some similarities and I am not sure what is the source of the problem; the chrome (53.0) browser extension on Mac OS X 10.11.2 doesn't work after 1password update from 6.3.3 to 6.3.5. It doesn't recognize any websites as it did just before the update.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @magnusj

I moved your post here so the right people will be able to see it and help you better :chuffed: I'm sorry about the trouble you've been having with 1Password. Could you please tell us what exactly you mean by "it doesn't recognize any websites"? Do you mean that when you click on the items on the browser extension nothing happens? If you go to a site and try to fill already being there you can't see the item for the site? Do you mean something else?

I hope to hear back from you with as many details as you can give us so we can get this sorted out :chuffed:

• magnusj
    magnusj
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The next day my browser asked me to "reconnect" the extension and then it worked again.
    Although it is resolved now, the problem was that when visiting a website and clicking the shortcut to fill in the username and password, it didn't fill in anything since it didn't appear to match the data in my password database to the correct website (as it did before).

But now everything works.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad things are working for you now, @magnuj. If you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.