Firefox extension installation

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Firefox - looking for the 1Password helper.

Comments

• Seacrest65
    Seacrest65
    Community Member
    Options

Using FireFox 49.0.2 browser
    1) clicking on the 1PW icon (upper tool bar) does nothing.
    2) Looking at the add-ons 1PW 3.9.20 is disabled "Could not be verified for use for FireFox"
    3) When I go to : https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html I get a perpetual window saying "Looking for 1 Password Helper"
    4) I can run the application (non-browser)
    a. I can manually running Version 4.6.1.616
    5) Trying to reinstall the add-on I get a "forever spinning" (Looking for the 1Password Helper)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

@Seacrest65: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion in the Windows category since you're not using the beta app.

It sounds like you have a very old version of the 1Password browser extension installed in Firefox. Please install the current version, which is compatible with 1Password 4 and above, from the AgileBits website:

1Password browser extensions

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• Seacrest65
    Seacrest65
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much Brenty - working perfectly now. I am curious, I don't recall ever receiving a notification/recommendation for for updating the extension; am I blowing past something?.

• It didn't seem to update for you, which is odd.

We're glad to hear it's working now, though.

Don't hesitate to write us again if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Seacrest65: Good question! Just to clarify, it isn't you; Firefox is supposed to update extensions automatically in the background (unless you disable that option for a particular extension). If you continue having problems with this, you may want to consider reinstalling Firefox and/or creating a new profile, in case something is damaged. It isn't a huge deal, but it certainly confusing when things don't work the way they're meant to. Cheers! :)

• Seacrest65
    Seacrest65
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Dinking with FireFox (reinstalling, creating new profile s...) is something I avoid at all costs - I even shutter when doing their point updates .... I'm not a woose [fairly tech savvy] but i DEPEND on tab groups [Pandora] (I have 20+) and that extension has always been on shaky ground (I back my tab groups up daily).

Again thanks!

Cheers =g=

• You're most welcome, @Seacrest65.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.