Browser extension for Firefox (Mac) code authorization issue: codes not the same

niklas1
niklas1
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,
I just updated 1Password on my Mac (macOS Sierra) and the authorization process worked fine for both the Chrome and the Safari browser extensions. Unfortunately the extension for Firefox doesn't show the same code as 1Password, instead it shows 123456 on every attempt. I tried reinstalling the extension and also restarting my computer without luck.
How should I proceed?

Best Regards
Niklas

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Firefox: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @niklas1,

The trouble you're having with the code mismatch during browser authorization can happen with older versions of Firefox. Please make sure you're running the latest version of Firefox and see if that resolves the problem.

We're here to help you more with this if that doesn't do the trick. :)

• niklas1
    niklas1
    Community Member

I'm already running the latest version of Firefox (42.0) so that can't be it. Any other ideas?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @niklas1,

Firefox is actually up to version 49.0.2 so you're running a pretty old version. If Firefox is fibbing and saying it is up to date can I recommend downloading a fresh copy direct from Mozilla and then overwriting the old version in your /Applications/ folder. I believe this will sort it out :smile:

• niklas1
    niklas1
    Community Member

Oh that's embarassing :blush: Firefox was telling it was up to date, didn't know this could happen. Just relied on the auto update.
    The problem is solved now. Thank you for helping me this quick! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @niklas1,

and why shouldn't you be able to rely on what the browser tells you, I can't think of a good reason :wink: Believe me, you're not the only one, we've actually seen this a bit and in the vast majority of the cases people had no idea. At a guess something got stuck and both Firefox and Chrome had already worked hard to have us know it will update itself without user interaction. Glad it helped!

This discussion has been closed.