To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Backup in plain text

shawnwchandler
shawnwchandler
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Memberships

Hi! I am seeking a way to backup or print all of my info not just login info so that I can have a copy of my info in a safe deposit box in case something happens to me. How might this be accomplished? [email address removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]

Comments

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi Shawn. Great question. It's important to make sure that the right people can get into your accounts in such a situation.

You can print your 1Password information by selecting an item in your vault and choosing File » Print. You will be asked to enter your Master Password in order to print.

Just be aware that it can be quite large! Print preview told me that a print out of my information would be 311 pages!

• To add to what TJLuoma mentioned if you are using a 1Password.com subscription account you can store a copy of your Emergency Kit in your safe deposit box. This is a little more practical than printing all of your 1Password information, for a couple of reasons:

1) It takes up a lot less space (1 page vs potentially hundreds)
    2) The Emergency Kit is much less likely to change than the items stored in 1Password (or, printed and stored on dead trees)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.