How to change local sync to wlan server ?

Options
biowan
biowan
Community Member

Hi, I use 1Password since less a month on Android. I tried the synchronization feature. I activate first with local storage sync. Right now, I would like to sync on my network storage via wifi, wlan server. I cannot change the configuration. How can I do that ?

Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:android how to change local sync to wlan server ?

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @biowan. If you've already configured sync with local storage, then you'll need to reset 1Password on Android in order to be able to change sync methods. Do you already have your 1Password vault saved on a Mac or PC? if so, just follow the steps here to start over on Android:
    https://support.1password.com/starting-over/?android

Then launch 1Password on Android and tap USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT. You'll see the option to sync using a WLAN server on the next screen. Make sure you have the WLAN server window open on your Mac or PC, and follow the in-app steps to configure sync.

That said, if all of your data is only on your Android, you'll need to manually copy it to the computer before you can sync with a WLAN server. To do so, connect the Android to the computer with a USB cable, navigate to your 1Password.agilekeychain folder, and copy it entirely onto your computer's local drive. Then double click it to open it up in 1Password. You should be able to follow the rest of the steps after.

Let us know how that goes! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.