iphone 7 1 password data migration

enoach
enoach
Community Member

Hey all: I bought an iphone 7, migrated my stuff using icloud from iphone 6 and the 1password app would not sync. At that point i deleted it and downloaded a new 1password app. when I opened it and synced, an incomplete (by about 200+ items) set of data appeared! my laptop 1password data is correct (500+)
I am trying not to panic, but can someone help me out there? I am especially worried that the incomplete data set of the phone will somehow sync/override/supercede the data on the laptop...

thank you for speedy and reassuring reply

1Password Version: 1password 6
Extension Version: chrome
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2016

Hi @enoach,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I assume since you are syncing with iCloud that your laptop is a Mac?

1Password for Mac makes automatic backups of your data, so the phone somehow overwriting the data on the laptop is not quite as scary a prospect as it might be otherwise:

1Password backups

To help figure out what the best way forward I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: YNG-41919-579

This discussion has been closed.