Code confirmation request

Options
iowaal
iowaal
Community Member

Was asked to confirm code from 1 Password to Safari this am...it matched and all was well....Question....what was that all about and wouldn't a little explanation or an email prior to this request been a good idea?

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @iowaal,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. You can read more about this here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/70823/security-background-for-6-3-4-extension-authorization

Thanks!

Ben

• iowaal
    iowaal
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the information...I still would like to know how I would have been made aware of this happening? Don't misunderstand, I am not complaining, however, since users depend (understatement) on 1Password with critical information...when issues like this just "magically" appear for us to verify...I would be much more inclined to accept as long as I knew it (whatever it was) coming before hand.

• Ben
    Options

And that is certainly a good mentality to have. You did the right thing by asking about it.

when issues like this just "magically" appear for us

I'm not sure "issue" is a fair description. This is intended behavior. But yes, your point is well taken.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

• genemarner
    genemarner
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same experience and the same reaction. I too worried that the request might not be legitimate. But I went ahead. The codes matched. I so indicated. For the past hour or more my browser has displayed this message: "Looking for the 1Password app The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly." And a ring is going round the 1Password logo in the familiar suggestion of interminable wait. By the way, the extension worked when I logged on to this site, so perhaps all is well.

• Ben
    Options

I too worried that the request might not be legitimate.

Sorry for the scare!

For the past hour or more my browser has displayed this message: "Looking for the 1Password app The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly." And a ring is going round the 1Password logo in the familiar suggestion of interminable wait.

Hmm. Does this still happen after a restart?

Ben

• genemarner
    genemarner
    Community Member
    Options

Nope. Everything seems to be working normally so far. I'm glad to note that you don't seem more alarmed than Hmm. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

No problem. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.