To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Could sign in on Mac app, but not on anything else. Tried to start over, can't sign in anywhere.

amirsherhan
amirsherhan
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Memberships

So I recently moved back to 1password. I redownloaded the app for Mac and was able to sign in. I was able to get the Safari extension working. I then tried to sign in on my iPhone and it said my Master Password was wrong. I locked the Mac App and signed back in to check and it worked. I tried to sign in on my account.1password.com site and it said my Master Password was wrong. I typed the password out in TextEdit and copy and pasted it in to the Mac App and it worked, I then copy and pasted it in to the website and it didn't work. I've checked the Key, the account, everything. I'm sure I was typing everything in the same way but I've had no joy.

I thought if I started over then I'd be able to reset my Master Password so I exported a backup, tried to start over however now it says that I'm not subscribed and the information that I was previously using on the mac app (that worked) isn't letting me log in. I can't even sign in to the website to cancel the account so I could sign up for another one. I'm so confused.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @amirsherhan! I'm sorry for the trouble signing in, and the confusion about starting over. If it said your Master Password was incorrect, the issue could have been that you were using a different sign-in address than the one on your account. For example, jacob.1password.com could be one sign-in address of mine. You need to use that address, not account.1password.com or my.1password.com to sign in if you have a family or team account. You can request your account details from the sign in page or your Emergency Kit.

I thought if I started over then I'd be able to reset my Master Password so I exported a backup, tried to start over however now it says that I'm not subscribed and the information that I was previously using on the mac app (that worked) isn't letting me log in. I can't even sign in to the website to cancel the account so I could sign up for another one. I'm so confused.

The backup exported was for the vaults outside your account. 1Password backs up account information on the server, so restoring a local backup won't include the data. Please try signing in with the information in your Emergency Kit and let us know how that goes. :)

• amirsherhan
    amirsherhan
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Sorry. I wasn't very clear in my original post. It was the end of the day.

I've been using the information on my emergency kit.
    I've been trying to sign in at amirsherhan.1password.com
    I'm fairly sure my master password hasn't changed as I think I would have updated my emergency kit however it keeps saying it's not correct.

I also tried entered my email address on the site and it said it would email my any licenses that I have however all that I was emailed was an old 1password 3 license. I know I have a current license because I've been getting paying for it. I'm assuming the newer licenses are just tied to the online account.

EDIT: I've just entered my Find Your Account on a different page and it has correctly emailed me that I have a newer 1password account for my email address: [email removed]

• @amirsherhan Thanks for the update. Are you able to sign in to the new account? If not, let's take this conversation to email so we can discuss the specifics privately. You can email us at support@1password.com. Post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive from us so we can get back to you faster. Thanks and talk to you soon!

• amirsherhan
    amirsherhan
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob,

The reference number I was emailed is: [#AWQ-72346-199]

Appreciate the help.

• Thanks! I'll reply shortly. :)

ref: AWQ-72346-199

This discussion has been closed.