Saving login with multiple fields

I am aware this subject has been covered before and I have read and tried the recommended solutions, but I just can't get it to work.

This is the login page: https://e-access.compassbank.com/bbw/cmserver/welcome/default/verify.cfm

It has four fields: two user names and two passwords. I filled in the data in each field and then clicked the 1Password icon > Settings > Save new login. It saves the login but when I click the url it just fills in the first two fields (incorrectly, as it turns out). Can anyone tell me what step I might be missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RRockley: Oddly enough, I didn't have any trouble saving and filling a login there. However, given that you didn't include any information about your setup, there's probably some difference I'm not accounting for.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

And often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. Thanks in advance! :)

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member

I tried yesterday at work:
    Windows 7
    Firefox 49.0.2
    1Password 4.6.0.604

Just tried at home:
    Mac OSX 10.11.6
    Safari 10.0.1 (11602.2.14.0.7)
    1Password 6.3.5 (635001)

Procedure the same both times. I entered the data in all four fields. I did not click "log in." I clicked the 1Password button on the browser, selected gear icon, selected "save new login." Gave it a name and saved it. clicked on the url in 1Password in the new saved login, it fills just the first two fields. The four login fields are saved in 1Password under "web form details."

On the Mac, when I click the mac-created login, it fills just the first two fields correctly (I think) but does not fill in fields 3 and 4. When, on the Mac, I click on the login created yesterday on the PC, it fills in no fields.

On the PC it fills the first two, incorrectly.

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

If it helps I have attached a screenshot of the 1Password login that was saved. The four fields that need to be filled at the login are shown under "web form details."

Attachment removed by AgileBits

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@RRockley This might sound a bit silly, but by chance are the two password fields for customer password and user password the same value? If so, there was a bug we fixed fairly recently (currently in the 1Password for Mac betas but not yet available in a stable channel) related to this particular situation. If that's the case, is it possible to change one of the passwords to a different value to see if the filling behaves better?

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

No, but the customer name and customer password are the same (albeit some different case). (Those were set up by the bank btw, so don't blame me ;) )

But I just noticed that the manually saved login has incorrectly put my user password in both userpass and custpass fields! I just edited the fields in 1Password so the data is correct, and now when I click the url it fills in fields 2 and 3 only: see attached.

removed by AgileBits

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @RRockley,

I hope you don't mind, as you didn't explicitly state the screenshot was displaying example data I've removed it just for now. For a moment I was surprised it filled the middle two fields but then I went back and re-read the whole thread. I can reproduce your original findings of filling the first two fields and filling the middle two is likely some sort of byproduct of trying to tweak the Login item.

So there's some good news and bad news. The bad news is the only way to have 1Password fill this page with the current stable version of 1Password 6 for Mac or 1Password 4 for Windows is if the two passwords don't match the other fields. Even though the bank has set the customer name (do you mean ID in regards to this page?) and customer password is it possible the password can be changed or is that what you meant by no?

We already have improvements that allow us to correctly fill all four fields regardless of their values but I don't know when these will first appear in a stable version of either 1Password for Mac or 1Password 4 for Windows. This is one area where 1Password 6 for Windows currently trumps elsewhere though as they're already using it. Just in case you were curious, the reason we're not filling correctly is we're incorrectly identifying the Login item as having been saved on a registration form. The improvement is for better recognition of registration forms so that we can correctly fill weird pages like this.

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member

Thanks for removing the screenshots: I was going to ask about that anyway.

And thanks to everyone for the help. At least it looks like I wasn't doing something incorrectly. I can't change the customer id or password (I can only change the user password), so I'll just have to manually copy the four fields over when I log in. Not that big a deal: at least 1Password remembers the fields for me. Again, thanks all.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @RRockley,

No problem about the images. Just on the off-chance that anything was real I thought it was safer to remove them given these forums are public. Much better to be safe than sorry as they say and the worst that could have happened is you replied to say all the examples were totally made up and I didn't need to :smile:

So yes, you're certainly doing nothing wrong and 1Password should be able to handle this at some point in the future. I'm just not sure if I follow your bank's logic with their decisions but it won't be the first or last time a bank causes me to look quizzical.

This discussion has been closed.