Password extension for Chrome does not work. I have downloaded extension, it is enabled, icon is a

Options

Password extension for Chrome does not work. I have downloaded extension, it is enabled, icon is available but nothing happens when I click on icon. Only just started using Chrome and extension still works in Safari.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:Password extension for Chrome does not work. I have downloaded extension, it is enabled, icon is a

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Sarge,

When you first installed the extension did you see a page appear asking you to authorise the connection? It would look something like the images on our support page If you see "1Password requires authorization" in your browser. If you didn't can you try quitting Chrome and launching it again. The extension is designed so that if it wasn't previously authorised it will either attempt to do so again or if you explicitly declined the authorisation a page to allow a second attempt to be initiated.

Slightly more thorough but these steps have often resulted in success if for any reason it's being a little quirky.

1. Restart the Mac.
    2. Open 1Password and unlock you vault.
    3. Launch the browser, in this case Chrome.

If you're still finding it isn't working we're likely looking at something blocking communication between Chrome and 1Password mini. For that we'll probably need a diagnostic report, this guide will assist in creating one.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• Sarge
    Sarge
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. I deleted and reinstalled again before you replied but can't remember if I did as you suggested, but now working.
    Thanks again, much appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.