Move iPassword 3.9.6 Data From Old Mac To New Mac

Options
dgerzeeboy
dgerzeeboy
Community Member

I'm about to buy a new iMac. How do I move my 1Password 3.9.6 data from my old Mac, running Lion, to my soon-to-be new iMac, running Sierra, with a soon-to-be new version of 1Password, into that new version of 1Password, short of having to do it all manually?

1Password Version: 3.9.6
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: Mac 10.7.5 Lion
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm about to buy a new iMac. How do I move my 1Password 3.9.6 info from my old Mac, running Lion, to my soon to be new iMac, running Sierra and a new version of 1Password, into that new version of 1Password, short of having to do it all manually?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @dgerzeeboy,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help getting your 1Password data to your new Mac! There are a couple different options, and I'll be happy to explain them.

If you'll still be using 1Password 3 on the old Mac and want to sync your changes between that and your new Mac, the easiest solution is to sync 1Password 3 with Dropbox:

• On your old Mac, sync your 1Password 3 data with Dropbox: 1Password 3 for Mac: Set up Dropbox syncing
    • Allow the sync to complete.
    • On your new Mac, make sure Dropbox is installed and that it has downloaded the new sync file to the local Dropbox folder.
    • Launch 1Password 6 on the new Mac and choose your sync file from Dropbox (if necessary, select Find it elsewhere > Dropbox > Choose File).

If you don't want to use Dropbox (or if you don't need to keep syncing changes to 1Password between both Macs), you can copy your data file from 1Password 3 to the new Mac and use it to set up 1Password 6:

• On your old Mac, open 1Password 3 and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Right-click somewhere in the Data File path and choose Show In Finder.
    • Copy the .agilekeychain file to your new Mac.
    • On the new Mac, launch 1Password 6 and select Find it elsewhere > This Mac > Choose File.
    • Select the .agilekeychain file.

Please let us know how it all goes and if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

• dgerzeeboy
    dgerzeeboy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Drew! Way easier than I thought it might be.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.