Scheduled copy won't run [possible issue with SuperDuper! app, not 1Password]

Options
rrufer
rrufer
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

I recently upgraded my MacPro to 10.11.6. I have a scheduled backup program that won't run and gives a window with the message
"sh:/usr/bin/lockfile: No such file or directory(127)" If I manually select the backup to be run, it is accomplished.

1Password Version: 2.91(v98)
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 10.11.6.
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Scheduled copy won't run

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rrufer: Hiya! I'm a bit confused. Either you're running a version of 1Password from 2009 (which I didn't think could even run on recent Macs), or you may be in the wrong support forum. It sounds like you may be having trouble with a 3rd party backup app. If that's the case, it isn't really something we at AgileBits can help with. But if you have any questions about 1Password, be sure to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• rrufer
    rrufer
    Community Member
    Options

When I updated my OS to 10.11.6 and opened my copy of 1Password I was notified to update it. I ended up with 1Password 6 Version 6.3.5 (635001) AgileBits Store. I don't know how I got the 1Password Version that I put in this Forum post. Sorry.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rrufer

I'm very sorry but I'm still not quite sure how 1Password is failing you :( Could you please give us some more details on the behavior of 1Password and what kind of trouble it's causing? The more details we have, the easier it will be to help you!

• rrufer
    rrufer
    Community Member
    Options

In the "Scheduled Copies" window, I have selected a Smart Update. I have 4 HDs in My MacPro and 2 of the HD's have been partitioned. I want to make a daily backup of one of the partitions on the drive to another partition on another drive. When I choose "Copy Now" I get a window with the message given in the original post. However, if I don't use the "Scheduled Copies" Copy Now option, but instead just set up the window with the "What's going to happen" option with the same copy to HD partitions, the backup is successful.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello again, @rrufer!

I have a scheduled backup program that won't run and gives a window with the message
    "sh:/usr/bin/lockfile: No such file or directory(127)"

My hunch is that error is being triggered when running a scheduled backup with an older version of the SuperDuper! app. This blog post has more details about it:

Shirt Pocket Watch - Oh yeah? Well, lock this!

You'll want to update to the latest version (currently v2.9.1) and recreated your backup schedules with it if this sounds like the same issue you're having. Cheers! :)

• rrufer
    rrufer
    Community Member
    Options

I am running what your Check for Update link says: "You are running version 98 which is the latest version"

• rrufer
    rrufer
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried it now, and it works. I don't understand what's going on, because I never knowingly changed the installed app.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rrufer,

I am running what your Check for Update link says: "You are running version 98 which is the latest version"

That's not our link for 1Password, it's for the SuperDuper! app. :)

Version 98 is currently the latest version of SuperSuper!, displayed as Version 2.9.1 in the About SuperDuper! window.

I just tried it now, and it works. I don't understand what's going on, because I never knowingly changed the installed app.

I'm glad it's working for you now and can only speculate what went wrong earlier.

The sh:/usr/bin/lockfile: No such file or directory(127) error you originally reported does not come from 1Password. The fine folks on the Shirt Pocket Discussions forum can help out if you run into any further trouble with SuperDuper!. :)

This discussion has been closed.