I am unable to delete an empty vault after moving to subscription account

nja
nja
Community Member

Hi,
I have moved to the subscription service (family account, still on trial), and followed the instructions on:
https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Having successfully migrated all my data, I'd like to delete my now empty "Primary" vault.
Under the heading "To delete your old vault", it says "… you can remove your old vault by switching to it and choosing 1Password > Delete Vault."

When try to I do that, the meny option is grayed out.
The Primary vault is synced via iCloud, and I currently also have another shared vault synced via Dropbox

Any suggestions or explanations?

Thanks, Niklas

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Family account (+iCloud+Dropbox)

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nja

I'm glad to hear that you're trying a 1Password account! I'm sorry there was some confusion with how local vaults work together with the accounts. You can't delete just the Primary vault and leave a secondary local vault (the one that you're syncing with Dropbox). You have a few options. The easiest might be for you to move your Dropbox vault into your account as well. Another options is for you to move your Dropbox vault data to Primary and delete the one syncing with Dropbox if you want to keep a local vault for some reason. Finally, you can leave things as they are and just remove "Primary" from the "All vaults" view so it doesn't interfere :chuffed:

Please let us know what you think about this and if you have any questions!

• nja
    nja
    Community Member

Aha, thanks for the clear explanation. I will move the shared Dropbox vault to the account then. I just need to get the person I am sharing it with into the family account first!
    Thanks again Pilar!
    cheers Niklas

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nja

You're very welcome! I hope that you both enjoy 1Password Families! If you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.