Import columns messed up.

Options
Kengel
Kengel
Community Member

It's probably too late now, but only after importing a CSV I discovered that my column titles would not be sorted and aligned with the proper fields. So now my registered email and license key fields in the new entries are all reversed. Thankfully the program names landed in the right field! There probably should have been a detailed CSV file preparation document (or maybe there was and I missed it?)

It's a minor inconvenience, as all the data seems to have come across OK. Just wish I had known in advance the column sorting order would not be automated - and that there was a specific column order required for them to land in the proper fields. There doesn't appear to be any batch edit/sort functions so will have have to leave them as is...

Anyway I've been maintaining them all in a spreadsheet for years - nice to have them organized in 1P as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @Kengel,

AgileBits does have a document that describes how to create a CSV file for importing into 1Password.

You can delete all your entries, fix the CSV and re-import if you want. That would likely be much faster and less error prone than fixing each entry by hand manually.

• Kengel
    Kengel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip - I was able to delete all the previous import (via import tags) and try again with a re-ordered list - it worked great. I think a little link in the Import UI might help. Many database programs support sorting/arranging/realigning while importing - since I hadn't done an import before in 1P I was almost expecting it. This works too though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

That's a great idea! Thanks for the feedback on this. I'm glad to hear that you were able to format and re-import the CSV, and we'll see what we can do to make it easier for others in the future. :)

ref: OPM-4499

This discussion has been closed.