To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Help on setting up new family account

RichardStartz
RichardStartz
Community Member

I've just set up a new family account for me and my wife. I'd like us to each have a vault, but to be able to access each others vault. I guess one way is to use the same Account key and just act like we're one user. But I suspect that's not the design. I see a "shared" vault, but that doesn't get us each our own vault so far as I can tell.

Can someone help me out? (Given that I've just set up an account, you can reasonably infer that I'm a newbie at 1Password.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RichardStartz
    RichardStartz
    Community Member

Maybe I can answer my own question, in case it helps someone else. You can go into your accounts online and select individual family members and give them editing privileges for each vault. I'm not sure that's how you're supposed to do it, but it seems to solve the problem.

• Hi @RichardStartz! Good question. What you mentioned in your second post is on the right track. I'd recommend using two shared vaults that you create for each of you:

How to create family and team vaults and share items

You can name them after yourselves so you know which is which. You can also add a picture of you or your wife as the vault icons so you visually know which is which. By default, your Personal vaults are used for saving new passwords and items. You can change this in 1Password's settings on your devices. Here are some steps for each app we have:

Change the vault for saving

Once you have changed it to the new vault each of you are planning to use, you should be all set. :) Let us know if you have some questions.

This discussion has been closed.