1Password ask for a folder again after already picking one [Confirmed bug, will fix ASAP]

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I decided to once again try out the new 6 app. I use a local folder, so installed the app, and pointed the wizard to my folder-synced agilebits keychain folder.

1. The wizard allowed me to select the agilebits keychain folder, but almost immediately, it asked me to yet again select some other folder. Not sure what that was about.
  2. After selecting the folder, I find I have 0 items.
  3. After having 0 items, I try to re-select the agilebits keychain folder again.
  4. I still have 0 items, but now I have the vault listed twice in the Settings > Accounts & Vaults area.
  5. In frustration, I give up and quit the app and decide it still isn't ready for prime time.
  6. Later, I relaunch the app to check the version, to see if I'm indeed running the latest beta, and I now see all my data, duplicated (due to item #4). Surprise. I remove the second listed vault, and it seems my data is available.

1Password Version: 6.1.286d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 x64
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• Hi @MrC,

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

These are known issues with opening local vaults; the app will show an empty view while prasing the files in the background and it lets you add the same vaults again. Both will be addressed in future updates.

When you said it immediately asked you to select another folder again, do you mean as soon as you select the vault folder to open, the Open File dialog reopened?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Thanks @MikeT,

You have it correct - the Open File dialog appears again. I had thought this was either allowing me to open yet another keychain folder, or there was a failure, or I was supposed to create a new folder where new (migrated) items would be stored. Hence, i was confused and had no idea what it wanted.

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @MrC,

Thanks for writing back, I was able to reproduce this issue when starting over with a local vault via the Folder option.. If there is an existing database, the dialog doesn't show up again. Neither does starting over with Dropbox cause this issue.

We'll get that fixed soon.

ref: 695

This discussion has been closed.