Removing Dropbox vault from iOS app after Teams migration

colemanm
colemanm
Community Member

I've migrated my 1Password to both Teams and Families accounts now for personal and work use. I used to have my personal vault set up with Dropbox syncing. I've got the desktop app all set up with no more Dropbox sync, but I can't remove the old Dropbox-synced vault from the iOS app. Is there a proper way to do this?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10
Sync Type: Dropbox / Teams

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@colemanm: I'm sorry for the trouble! There isn't currently a way to remove the Primary vault once the app is already setup, but we're working on making this possible in a future version. In the mean time, if you've got all of your data in your 1Password Account, just delete the 1Password app, reinstall it from the App Store, and then you can set it up with your 1Password Account — without a Primary vault. I hope this helps! :)

• colemanm
    colemanm
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks! Will try that. It's not too bad, just thought I might be missing something.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, three steps isn't too bad, but we'd really like to make it one in the future. Thanks for understanding. We're here if you need anything else! :)

• amjbrown
    amjbrown
    Community Member

It is slightly more than three, because you have to enable TouchID again and flip watchtower to ON, which is OFF by default. Then you have to do all that twice on an iPad and an iPhone. Then you have to resuscitate yourself as you see you are about 100 mixed logins, secure notes and other crucial bits of data down from when you started. Killing and resetting the app fixes this, but I would love to know the code gremlin that had exactly the same (incorrect) tallies on both the iPad and the iPhone. But it doesn't take that long all in all, and then you are saved "losing" passwords by accidentally putting them into the now defunct personal vault.

I mainly jest, but the migration to a 1Password vault has been a fraught process. Worth it, for the synchronisation with my horrible Windows laptop at work, but more stressful than I normally expect from the agile crew.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry for the stress that the current migration process has caused you and others! We're working on a smoother way of doing this in the next version. I can't say when it will be available to everyone, and it probably won't help you at that point, but we're incredibly grateful for the feedback that you and others have given us on this — and whether you know it or not, folks in the future who have an easier time of this owe a debt of gratitude to everyone who's shared these experiences with us as well. Thank you!

• roar714
    roar714
    Community Member

I'm using the trial.com home version now and want to buy a subscription before the trial is up. Where/how to do this?

Once done, can I safely delete the current "Primary" old vault, all by just uninstalling on iOS and reinstalling the app? Is there a written proc?
    What about getting rid of the (purchased) Win 10 version? What about off server backup?

• Hi @roar714,

It looks like you already have signed up for an account, so you'd just need to login to that (through https://my.1password.com/signin ) and pick your subscription option under the Billing tab from the menu at the top right of your screen.

Once done, can I safely delete the current "Primary" old vault, all by just uninstalling on iOS and reinstalling the app? Is there a written proc?

You just wrote it. :) Yes, that is the way to do it, if all of your data is already in 1Password.com account vaults. It probably wouldn't hurt to make a backup of the Primary vault before doing so:

1Password backups

What about getting rid of the (purchased) Win 10 version?

I'm not sure I follow. Are you running 1Password 4 for Windows? If so 1Password 6 for Windows is the version to use with your 1Password.com account, and is included with your subscription. 1Password 4 for Windows does not work with 1Password.com accounts and can be uninstalled (via the normal route for uninstalling apps, through the Control Panel).

What about off server backup?

Such a thing is not currently possible with 1Password.com accounts but is something we're looking into.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.