1Password 6 vs Lastpass Autofill App (not just browser)

DJRiful
DJRiful
Community Member
edited October 2016 in iOS

It has been a while since I reconsider 1Password because I just got back to iPhone 7 since iPhone 4 world and after of Android phones.

iPhone 4 -> iPhone 7 is a big leap for me. So I've been using Lastpass, works wonderful app filling in Android and crossplatform but not in iOS... holy crap it's a nightmare flipping between apps.

Can iPassword able to fill app in iOS 10?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• DJRiful
    DJRiful
    Community Member

I just look up one article, only support apps. I checked the page. Not even Facebook there...

• Hi @DJRiful

Thanks for taking the time to write in and for considering 1Password for your password management.

iOS is fairly limited in terms of the ways that apps can interact with each other. For the most part this is a good thing. It helps prevent apps from doing nefarious things. But it also prevents direct filling from one app to another.

To work around this we've developed a password management extension which 3rd party app developers can include in their apps, which allows us to fill into their apps. You can read more about this here:

AgileBits Blog | Apps ❤ 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.