Please make the 1Password mini interface user friendly

Options
demonstrable
demonstrable
Community Member

When displaying the results of a search in 1Password mini, please allow me to see ALL passwords ALL THE TIME.

By 'folding up' the available passwords/logins into an asinine "Show XX more items" greyed-out menu item, you VASTLY increase the number of mistaken clicks, login errors and general FRUSTRATION in using 1Password.
Please cease trying to control / limit user options, and allow the PAYING CUSTOMER to make these decisions!
All such information-limiting interface glitches / "features" should be USER OPTIONS that can be TURNED OFF!

Thanks,

d.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: God knows
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@demonstrable: I promise that we're not trying to "control" or "limit" you, and I'm sorry if you feel that way.

When we originally designed the new (at the time) 1Password mini interface, we tried to keep things neat and tidy and display both categories and matched logins that are used most by default, with the others tucked out of the way. Frankly, I don't think this is something that many people notice since search is so convenient, so I'm glad you brought it up! I personally don't do a lot of clicking myself when it comes to using 1Password, but I can certainly see how I might have the same wish if I did. Thanks for sharing your perspective. It's certainly something we can take into consideration as we develop future versions of 1Password!

However, it sounds like part of the problem may be that you're frequently trying to use logins at URLs which aren't an exact match for the page where you're trying to fill them. There are two solutions to this dilemma currently:

1. Save the URL where you'd like to use the login in the item itself, either replacing the one you originally saved, or adding multiple URLs. 1Password is always happy to display a very long list of exact matches (e.g. accounts.google.com)!
    2. Enable 1Password Preferences > Browsers > Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites. This will have 1Password display logins which match only the top level domain (e.g. *.google.com).

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• demonstrable
    demonstrable
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

Please just let me see all the relevant password/logins. That's all I'm asking for: user choice. I know what I want to see; it's currently buried inside an "interface design" decision that removes control from me: the customer.

Please, where possible, put the user in control of the interface.

Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! And thank you for your feedback about how Logins are displayed in 1Password mini. I'd be glad to send your comments along to our developers.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@demonstrable: Just to clarify, while we'll certainly continue to work on improving the interface, "relevance" is really subjective. By default, 1Password defines "relevance" as a full URL match. This type of relevance is what many folks are looking for and expect. But if you prefer a looser definition, 1Password already allows you to choose the option I mentioned in my previous post, and it will show you others for that domain as well. Definitely give that a try in the mean time, as that more closely matches your preference. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.