can´t import keepass data

Options
UN123
UN123
Community Member

tried to ways: 1. exported on my windows computer in keepass 2 a cvs-file and tried to import it in my mac-computer, where I need it. but I get the message that the data cannot be read.
2. exported on keepass 1.0.6. on my mac an xml-file and converted it into a cvs-file. tried to import that, but a folder was created with several documents. did not know which one to import and imported all of them, but the entries where not readable. i would like to use the cvs-version from my windows computer, which is updated. can you help and an easy way? Read all the things that had to be done with converting tools but that was too technical for me.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @UN123,

You should export via Keepass 2 on Windows in the XML format.

Then, you can convert that file with the keepass2 converter of the converter suite. Use the 1.09 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the thread. You can do the conversion on a Mac (even though your file was exported in Windows).

This will create a 1PIF file, which you can import via 1Password.

The converter is the best way to go, because you get the best fidelity.

Ask if you need help - I'll get you through it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @UN123,

Hopefully MrC's reply was helpful for you! If you need more help or have questions about that, just let us know. Cheers! :)

• UN123
    UN123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew, thanks for your reply. I already tried the process that MRC suggested, but it was beyond. Did not get it sorted. Had already downloaded the materials and read the pdf, but it is too technical. If there is another less complicated way I could be glad, because recreating my entries again takes so much time which I do not have. thanks in advance Ute

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@UNC,

The process should take you about 2 minutes after you've export to XML. Drag and drop your XML file only the AppleScript Helper Utility, select Keepass2 from the converters list, and it will produce a 1PIF file for you. The terminal window that pops up will tell you the location of the 1PIF file you will import into 1Password for Mac.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@UN123,

If you'd like some remote help, just ask. I've helped many folks this way, who are intimidated by the process.

This discussion has been closed.