To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

inc.web site

April182010
April182010
Community Member

How do I get started with 1password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I purchase a new 1 password app?

Comments

• Hi @April182010! Welcome to our forum, and to 1Password. :) To get moving with 1Password, we have a nice outline of the best steps:

Get started with 1Password

I would be happy to answer some questions you have along the way, so feel free to ask. Let us know what you think of that guide as well — we're always improving it.

• April182010
    April182010
    Community Member

Hi Jacob trying to follow get started directions. I downloaded the 1password app. but it states open instead of purchase. what do I do?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @April182010

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with 1Password. Could you please tell us a bit more of what you're having trouble with. I'm very sorry but I don't think I fully understand what you mean by " but it states open instead of purchase." Is it that you can't set up the apps? What step in the link that Jacob gave you is the one where you get stuck?

I hope to hear from you soon so you can get to enjoy 1Password :chuffed:

• April182010
    April182010
    Community Member

I completely uninstalled 1password app from my browser extension and all 1password data because I want to start over. I than went to the apple store to purchase what I thought was a new app, but instead of a purchase price it stated to open.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@April182010: If you have 1Password installed in your Applications folder, the App Store will show an "Open" button instead of "Buy" or "Install". But you don't need to reinstall the app if you just want to start over. Just open 1Password and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.