how do i get 1password to start on top

I have used 1Password for several years and love it. I've had a problem for quite a while and just haven't asked how to fix it, so I finally decided to ask today.

I use Windows 7 64 bit and when I start the 1Password application, it always starts "on bottom", so I have to click on the task to bring it to the front. This is the only application that I have that starts "on bottom" as opposed to "on top".

How can I configure 1Password to start "on top"?

I did look over Google and agilebits support, with no help. There were suggestions to modify the registry, but I scanned my registry for 1Password settings and found nothing.

Thanks,
Dave

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do i get 1password to start on top

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dsiv: By "on bottom", do you mean "minimized to the task bar"? This isn't behaviour that 1Password does on its own, but you may have the shortcut to 1Password set to "Run Minimized", but you can change that in its Properties. Let me know if that helps!

• dsiv
    dsiv
    Community Member

Good question. I mean that it starts under all other windows, whereas all other programs start on top of other windows.

• Hi @dsiv,

1Password can be set to start automatically at launch but it will launch minimised in the notification area of the tray.
    If you wish to have it start with the 1Password window on top, you can do it like this:

1. Right-click any 1Password 4 shortcut and select Copy in the context menu.
    2. Press WINDOWS+R to bring up the Run prompt, type shell:startup, and press Enter.
    3. Paste the shortcut you copied into the Windows Explorer window that opens.

Upon next boot, the main 1Password 4 window should open.

Please let us know if this helps, or if there's anything else we can do for you.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.