To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Copy my passwords from ios to web account using windows

sultan
sultan
Community Member

I cant succeed in transferring my passwords from my IOS to my web account and windows desktop account. I have installed drop box but didn't work

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 1.285
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: drop box

Comments

• sultan
    sultan
    Community Member

Update: i managed to sync it between my Iphone and desktop app. But when i log to my web account it is not there.

• Hi @sultan! Welcome to our forum. I'd be happy to help you sync between your devices. I'm sorry for the confusion about Dropbox, though. With a 1Password account, items that are in the account sync automatically. You first have to move your existing items into the account though:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once you've done that, sign in to your account on any of your devices and your 1Password items will be there. :)

• mwdavis77
    mwdavis77
    Community Member

I'm trying to migrate my passwords as well to my new 1password account. Does the account vault not support folders? I can't seem to create folders to match the existing vault I have.

• Hello @mwdavis77! I hope you didn’t have any trouble migrating to your new 1Password Account. :)

1Password Account do not support Folders any longer, we have opted instead to focus on Tags as an organizational method of choice when using an Account. It may not be what you’re used to, but I find that tags are much more powerful than folders, once you get the hang of using them. Being able to add multiple tags to an item means you could essentially recreate your folder structure with tags. Also, tags are a lot more flexible: while an item could be in only one folder, there are no limit to the number of tags you can add. I think this makes items a lot easier to find, particularly in a large database. :)

This discussion has been closed.