Do I need to purchase a license for my Android mobile version for it to see the sync file on dropbox

marlloyd
marlloyd
Community Member

I'm seeing the file on dropbox that my mac has sync'd but I am unsure as to whether I require a license for my mobile to pick up and view the sync'd file.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @marlloyd! No, you do not need to purchase our Android app’s Pro features to sync 1Password 6 for Android with your Mac via Dropbox, though to be clear while edits and new items you create on your Mac will sync over to your Android device, it will be in a read-only state on the Android device so you can still view the items and use them for filling but you won’t be able to edit or modify them directly on the device without the Pro features. You can learn a bit more about our Android app’s Pro features right here:

1Password 6 for Android Pro Features

The Pro features are also included with a 1Password Account, our subscription service wherein we handle the storage of your items for you, and unlimited access to 1Password is provided across all of your devices.

Otherwise, just select your file in Dropbox to begin the sync and you should be good to go. Let me know how it goes!

• marlloyd
    marlloyd
    Community Member

That is what I understood as well. I was just checking as the information is being written correctly to the dropbox file but it seems it is not being sync'd by my mobile. It was working previously so perhaps I will delete the app off the phone and reinstall.

• @marlloyd. Thanks for the update. Are you seeing any sync errors when 1Password on Android is syncing? Or are you noticing that 1Password on Android has different data in its vault than 1Password on your other devices?

If your data in Dropbox is up to date, then you should be fine starting fresh on Android. If not, please let us know and we'll see if we can figure out another way to get things back on track. Thanks!

• marlloyd
    marlloyd
    Community Member

Seems the data is just old. I reinstalled the app on my mobile but it is still picking up the older version. I can not see some of the newer entries.

• Thanks for the update, @marlloyd. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• marlloyd
    marlloyd
    Community Member

ok done but I think the problem is not on Android but on my Mac. Both my Imac and Android phone show the same number of items but this mac laptop has all the newer entries and deletions that I have done. It doesnt look like it has been updated to the main file.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marlloyd

Thank you for sending in the Diagnostics Report from your Android. Could you please send us one from your Mac as well so we can see both of them?

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":

[#JXV-82547-648]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

We'll reply over email :chuffed:

ref: JXV-82547-648

• marlloyd
    marlloyd
    Community Member

Done

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@marlloyd: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

• marlloyd
    marlloyd
    Community Member

Thank you for resolving my problem.

• On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us again. :)

• joelbaileyuk
    joelbaileyuk
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same problem as this. I've tried reinstalling on Mac and Android, but still no luck. Not syncing. Can you help?

• Hey @joelbaileyuk. Let's see what's going on here. If you launch and unlock 1Password on your Mac and select 1Password > Preferences > Sync, then go to 1Password on Android and select Settings > Sync, do you see the same sync path on both devices?

• susyyu409
    susyyu409
    Community Member

I faced same situation here. Tried deleting Android app and re-installed again. Tried MAC sync and Android Sync. NO, my android phone still only has 28 items of 37...

• Hi @susyyu409. I'll be happy to help out here! :)

To clarify, you're syncing using Dropbox, correct? Or are you using another sync solution or my hosted service? Also, on your Mac, do you just see a Primary vault, or do you have multiple vaults and if so, are you seeing All Vaults?

• Neil_Hines
    Neil_Hines
    Community Member

Thanks friend its really Great discussion and also very helpful.

• Thanks! :) :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, over two years ago, back in 2015, 1Password 4 was current. 1Password 6 is a new app and works differently. Sorry if that old discussion caused any confusion!

This discussion has been closed.