To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trial Version - doesn't it have all the abilities as a full version I.e. Syncing to other devices?

Jerrold
Jerrold
Community Member

The Trial Version - doesn't it have all the abilities as a full version I.e. Syncing to other devices?

Thanks, Jerry

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Jerrold! Sorry for the confusion. The trial of a 1Password subscription includes all the features you'd need, including automatic sync. To sync your other devices, simply sign in to your account. If you have a trial of one of the 1Password apps, those also include all the features you'd expect, but sync needs to be configured. I'd recommend signing up for an account in that case so you can use 1Password on all your devices. :) Let me know if that helps.

• Jerrold
    Jerrold
    Community Member

OK - I registered for an account and entered the key in the iPhone app on the Accounts page. I also entered my email address and master password. I am now getting the following error "A server with the specified hostname could not be found." There is one field that is blank and has in gray "sign in address" it then has .1password.com in part of the field. I don't know what belongs there.

2 other questions - 1. if you register for the subscription service to iPhone users get the Pro version at no additional cost? 2. Where do I enter the account number and or toll-free number that is associated with the login for example the account number and customer support number for Amazon.com?

Thanks,

• Jerrold
    Jerrold
    Community Member

in the interim while waiting for your response my IT department walked me through using the QR codes. I was able to register that way. The word that the QR per code put into the "sign in address screen" would have taken me years to figure it out. It seems you have a nice product. You have nice screens on the app and on your website. However the process that one has to go through in several different areas really needs to be upgraded. Someone from your company - make that several people i.e. 10 or more - who are not involved in the technology end should register as a new clients and go through the entire process so that you could learn the hiccups. Further, even on this screen that I'm on, I cannot use the mouse to relocate the cursor to go back and make corrections or additions.
    I have to use the arrows on the keyboard.

I would still like the answers to the 2 questions above. Thanks,

• Jerrold
    Jerrold
    Community Member

Did I loose you?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

Hi @Jerrold

I'm very sorry to hear that this process has been a bit bumpy for you! Thank you very much for your patience and for your input in what you'd like to see improved :chuffed: We're working hard on making the set up process more intuitive, but there's still some things that should be improved.

1. if you register for the subscription service to iPhone users get the Pro version at no additional cost?

Yes, if you have a 1Password account you get the full, most recent version of the apps for all the platforms. That includes the Pro features for iOS.

1. Where do I enter the account number and or toll-free number that is associated with the login for example the account number and customer support number for Amazon.com?

There isn't a built in feature designed specifically for phone support numbers, but you can add anything you want in there. After you create an item you can click on "edit" (on the bottom right corner in macOS) and then you'll see Section, followed by "label" and "new field". You can write "Support number" in "label" and the number itself in the new field :chuffed:

Have you been able to set up all your devices? If you need any help setting up any other device please let us know what OS it is and we'll be glad to help you step by step :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.