To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't login, changed password recently, neither password works now :(

dimadoe
dimadoe
Community Member

I had a password for a few months. Then I decided to change it to something easier to type (but still strong :)) Neither one works now.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.5 (635001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC OS 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dimadoe! Sorry about that. Do you have the Emergency Kit for your account? It should have downloaded when you set things up. I'd suggest looking in your downloads folder or somewhere you may have stored it safely on your computer. We also ask you to print it out with your Master Password written on it. If you did that, awesome!

Otherwise, please send us a message at support@1password.com and we'd be happy to help you start over with a new account. Talk to you soon!

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

I have an emergency kit! Should I attach it here?

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

And I know both the original password and the one a just changed to, neither works.

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE? :)

• @dimadoe Please don't add your Emergency Kit here. It's just for you and shouldn't be uploaded anywhere or shared with anyone else. Learn more about what to do with your Emergency Kit.

Since neither of your passwords work, I'm going to email you about this so we can discuss what to do next. Talk to you soon!

ref: DAD-31934-952

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob! I'll be waiting for your response soon

• I sent you a message a few hours ago. Please check your inbox for it. :)

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

Nope, i got 3 replies from you so far, nothing mentions the resolution yet

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dimadoe

What Jacob meant here is that he sent you a message to the email account that you used to join the forums. Could you please check on your email inbox (or maybe Spam if not there) for his message? :chuffed:

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

I didnt get your email....really need to have access to my system as all my credentials are conveniently located there. Please help!

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

if you look at my profile, you'll see my current email. I changed it recently.

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

It's been almost 24 hours since the issue was reported :angry:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dimadoe

I've sent you a private message here, could you please check there? :chuffed:

• dimadoe
    dimadoe
    Community Member

I tried my old and "new" master password and neither work. Can I provide you with my Email and Account Key and see if you can help me?

I also noticed that the app on the phone accepted old email and password, until I reinstalled it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@dimadoe: I'm sorry for the confusion! Do not post sensitive information here. This is a public forum, and you should not give your Master Password or Account Key to anyone — including AgileBits staff.

As Pilar and Jacob mentioned, they've both tried communicating with you more privately since this may involve personal information regarding your account. Are you not able to receive email? At the very least, since you're posting here in the forums, you should be able to access your private messages.

I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction here, but keep in mind that I'll only be able to speak in broad generalizations. So it would be best if you'd read their message and respond there.

(Un)fortunately in any case AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Account Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Account Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Account Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account.

However, with so little information it's difficult to be certain, but one possibility is that you've been using a local vault in addition to a 1Password Account, so you may have different passwords for these, or having an input issue. Please try the steps in this guide, as it may help you regain access:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Account Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out!

This discussion has been closed.