subscribed to families, had created a primary vault on my iphone, cannot view primary vault on mac

Options
MargoLiveNow
MargoLiveNow
Community Member

Agreed to pay for upgrade to families and installed on mac. I see the families account and the 2 vaults in there. But no way to see the primary vault I created and added a bunch of stuff to on my iphone. Since I can't view it in 1password app on mac, I can't copy items from it to the other vaults in family. How do i get all that hard work I already did migrated into my new paying for it families account?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 3.5
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iphone to mac
Referrer: forum-search:I've subscribed to families, had created a primary vault on my iphone, cannot view primary vault on mac

Comments

• Jacob
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @MargoLiveNow! I'm sorry for the confusion. The Primary vault on your iPhone isn't automatically synced with your Mac using your account since it's a vault outside the account. You can sign in to your account on your iPhone and move the contents of your Primary vault to it.

If you have a lot of items, rather than copying them one by one, it would be easier to do it all at once from your Mac. On your iPhone, configure the Primary vault to sync with iCloud:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

Then on your Mac do the same. To create a Primary vault there, open and unlock 1Password, then choose 1Password -> Preferences from the menu bar and click Advanced. Check the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" box and enter your Master Password. This will create a vault you can sync with iCloud. Set up syncing from the Sync tab, then move your data as you did when you originally set up the account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Last up, remove the Primary vault on your Mac by switching to it and choosing 1Password -> Delete Vault. On your iPhone, remove it by tapping Settings -> Advanced -> Erase All 1Password Data. Do this once you have moved everything of course. ;) Let us know if you have any questions along the way.

• MargoLiveNow
    MargoLiveNow
    Community Member
    Options

Sigh....I'm sure it's me doing something wrong, but after 45 mins of trying this, it's not syncing. I redid it and still don't know what's wrong. Followed all your instructions. Phone says primary vault is syncing to icloud and primary vault shows syncing on mac, but nothing from the pirmary vault on my phone is showing up on mac in primary vault. Nothing. When I go to back up menu, nothing is listed to back up. I click back up anyway and nothing. Other ideas??????

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MargoLiveNow

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.