What a family organizer can or cannot do?

rogalvao
rogalvao
Community Member

I couldn´t find this information clearly stated and resumed.

The problem is, I want to give some of my parents a slot on my family account but they are a bit worried to trust the software won´t let me see they private information.

I think a special page stating what a family organizer is capable to see and do would be very informative and could be used as a link in the invitation email.

Does this linkable page exists anywhere? That would estabilish the proper trust.

Regards,
R.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:organizer

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rogalvao: Indeed, this is part of your account itself:

1Password Account settings

If you are an Organizer, any other Organizers will have the same abilities you do: manage users, vaults, etc. However, they do not have access to anyone's Personal vaults, and if you are the one who created the family account, you are the one responsible for billing.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rogalvao
    rogalvao
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

Thanks.

Please consider creating the resume page I mentioned, including its link in the invitation email.

This would clarify things a lot. Since trust is your business I bet it would help to improve sales also.

I know the information because I read it in pages across you site.

I think it would be nice an invitation email like:

"Hi,

XYZ is inviting you to use 1password, the great password manager.

Here is the resume of the service:
    a) ....
    b) ....
    c) XYZ is the family organizer. That means he/she is the one being billed.
    d) XYZ is NOT capable to see your private data"

Something like that. Just my two cents.

Thanks again,
    R.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't quite understand what you were getting at initially, but your example makes it clear. Perhaps that's something we can add in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.