HELP! new iPhone 7+ using Dropbox PASSWORD PROBLEMS

djpaine
djpaine
Community Member

g'day team: i have a new iPhone 7+ {still have my iPhone 6+ working just fine} i use 1Password with dropbox sync - and i am able to sign in and out on my iMac, on my laptop and on my iphone 6+ - BUT the iPhone 7+ will NOT recognise my 1Password password!??? it just will not accept it. help!

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @djpaine,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Are you certain all devices are signed into the same Dropbox account? When you set up Dropbox syncing on the new iPhone were there choices of more than one keychain?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• djpaine
    djpaine
    Community Member

Are you certain all devices are signed into the same Dropbox account?
    i only have one dropbox account - but yes, i double checked.

When you set up Dropbox syncing on the new iPhone were there choices of more than one keychain?
    do you mean 1password syncing? if so, there was only one choice of my 1 keychain from my one dropbox account.

• Thanks @djpaine. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each platform that is working:

(e.x. one from the iMac and one from the iPhone 6 Plus)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• djpaine
    djpaine
    Community Member

hi Ben - couple of issues: since writing to you 1Password now does not work on BOTH of my iPhone's - the iphone 6plus does not recognise the password now either?????
    my original password still opens 1Password on my iMac though!

i have a problem with the diagnostic app, i don't use the MAIL app on my iMac or on my iPhone - i only use airmail on both.
    so if there is a way to run that diagnostic app and then grab the file and email it to you with airmail.....

• @djpaine,

Does all of your data exist on the Mac? If so I'd suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the iOS instances. This will delete all 1Password data from the iOS devices, but if all of your data is on the Mac you can then sync it back over:

How to sync your 1Password data

Ben

• djpaine
    djpaine
    Community Member

hey Ben! sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you.
    i have tried what you have suggested above and guess what.... STILL NOT WORKING.
    i have even changed my master password on my mac, it is all synced with dropbox - and i still cannot get in on my devices??? help!

• @djpaine,

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• djpaine
    djpaine
    Community Member

your support ID is [#AJH-13651-223]

• Thanks @djpaine. It appears we've received your reports and Greig is already corresponding with you. We'll continue the conversation by email.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.