To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

SSL error while trying to login on Mac App

samskd
samskd
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Memberships

I just installed 1Password 6.3.5 on Mac OS X El Capitan v10.11.6.

When I try to add account, I am getting a SSL error as shown in screenshot(link below) attached. Website login is working fine.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, ug:mac/, kb:undefined, kb-search:An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@samskd: It may be a simple error on your Mac. Please restart and see if that resolves it. If the problem persists, then something else may be interfering with your internet connection. Do you have "security" software which might be trying to scan your transmissions? let me know what you find!

• samskd
    samskd
    Community Member

Hey @brenty,

Thanks for responding.

Actually the Mac that I mentioned above is my work laptop and I think there should be some sort of security scanning. However the problem is I am two users on Mac, one for work and one for personal use. I was able to successfully login to 1Password app in my work user account but the issue that I mentioned is happening only on my personal user account.

Yes I restarted mac couple of times, I also reinstalled 1Password many times but no luck.

• @samskd Do you have some processes or apps running on your personal user that aren't running on your work one? Antivirus, proxies, VPNs, or anything of that sort are worth mentioning.

This discussion has been closed.