No Client for my OS

Options
erparom
erparom
Community Member

Hi, good day to all. Im Project Manager at My Campaign and I was invited by my boss (the CTO) of the company to use 1Password. However, inside my web dashboard your web app tells me that I need to download a client. However, we here use Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat and other OS environments. Some use Crapintosh of course.

I'm very sad to see that there is no Linux version or a Java version to run in my desktop. Do you guys know if I can use 1Password over a Wine Layer? Can you help me with the specs of 1Password like if you built it with .NET to know dependencies or such?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @erparom! I'm sorry about that. We would like to support Linux down the road as we've gotten quite a few requests for it, but right now we're focusing on making the experience on the 4 platforms we support as seamless as possible. You can use your account from a modern browser like Chrome or Firefox by signing in to the web interface. It may be possible to use 1Password 6 for Windows on Linux with Wine sometime in the future, but the version of .NET it requires (4.6.1, 4.6.2 recommended) isn't supported there yet. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for that to be supported, and it may be possible to use the Windows app on your machine when it is.

Hope that helps for now! If you have some other questions let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.