Can't adjust column width on web app

I can't make a column wider on the web page which makes it impossible for me to distinguish between hundreds of similarly titled entries. Chrome and Firefox are the same.

1Password Version: web
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:resize

Comments

• Hi @ron_affinity! That's a great point. With the 1Password desktop apps, you can resize the columns to see the entire title, so I'd recommend using those when possible. I agree we can do better in the web interface. It's good to note that this is the first time I've heard this though. I'll let the team know it's something we need to improve in the future. Thanks for mentioning it. :) In the meantime, I hope the desktop apps work well for you.

On a related note, I noticed the titles are long because they're all for the same website. To make things a bit easier organization-wise, you could tag these items based on what they're related to. You could also move them into separate vaults by topic. That way when you go to use or organize them, there's one less factor. Hope that helps!

ref: B5-2205

• ron_affinity
    edited November 2016

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, you don't have a teams app I can use on Linux and it doesn't look like you ever plan to support a Linux app so that's not an option for me.

Tagging might work if we could filter by multiple tags simultaneously but that is also not an option.

And with hundreds of clients, some with many sub-projects, having each one in their own vault is not ideal as I don't always know where to look for a particular project. It would be faster to simply search all clients. It would be a hindrance to 90+% of our team. Having said that, it may be our only option.

Seems like allowing the column to be resized should be a relatively painless change and might benefit others? As a developer, I can't really imagine why it would have needed to be fixed width in the first place.

Ron

• Ah, well we haven't said anything about our plans yet so I wouldn't get too set on us never supporting Linux. We'd like to, it's just tough to do with a small team.

Seems like allowing the column to be resized should be a relatively painless change and might benefit others? As a developer, I can't really imagine why it would have needed to be fixed width in the first place.

Indeed. I've let the team know, so it's in their hands to get things moving along. Thanks again for bringing it up.

• Appreciated.

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.