To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

sync password vault to online account

Options
eph61820
eph61820
Community Member

Thank you for the great instructions on how to sync FROM your online account, but how do I import my existing database to my online account. The only other option I have right now is to delete app and reinstall and reconnect to the valid database. However, I would like to take advantage of the online sync if possible. Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync password to online account

Comments

• Hi @eph61820! I'm sorry this wasn't easier to find. Where did you search for it? I'd like to improve the results you got. :) Here's the knowledge base article for moving existing data to an account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Hope that helps!

• eph61820
    eph61820
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, so now I have two copies of 1password installed.... 4.61.616 and the desktop app 6 is that correct.... also no attachments with the online account correct?

• @eph61820 Thanks for the update! Accounts use Documents instead of attachments. You can import your attachments in the latest version of 1Password 6 by first saving them in 1Password 4. You can save attachments by double-clicking them, then choosing a location to save them. Once you've saved your attachments, add them to your account as Documents by choosing New Item -> Import files as Documents. You'll soon be able to link (similar to attaching) these Documents to the items they were previously attached to. We're working on adding that to 1Password 6.

After migrating all your existing data to your account, 1Password 4 may no longer necessary. You can uninstall it from your computer and just use 1Password 6 going forward. :) Hope that helps.

• eph61820
    eph61820
    Community Member
    Options

is there any detriment in staying with Ipassword4 with over 500 accounts versus shifting to the 1password6 and having to go through each file/entry? Said another way, is the clock ticking on 1password4 and 1password6 taking over so I better start migrating now...

when you get a moment, thanks.

• @eph61820 You only need to migrate to 1Password 6 if you want to use an account. 1Password 4 doesn't support accounts, which is why we created 1Password 6. You're welcome to keep things in version 4 until we have better attachment migration.

This discussion has been closed.