I do not see wifi sync on 1password 6.5 on my Mac. I need this to sync an old vault from iPad.

Options
marklarson
marklarson
Community Member

I have an iPad running 1Password Pro 3.6.5. I want to sync that old vault to 1Password on my new mac and iPad. It only gives me the option to sync over Dropbox and Wifi. For Dropbox it does not allow me to login to my account. I checked on Dropbox.com and the login information is correct. For wifi sync, my Mac is running 1Password 6.5 and when I go to the preferences it doesn't show sync options or wifi options. I want to know is there a way to get the vault from my old iPad into the new devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:syncing wifi 1password 6.5 for mac

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marklarson,

I'm sorry you're having trouble figuring out how to sync the data from 1Password 3 on your iPad to 1Password 6 on your Mac! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your post to our iOS forum, as the problem/solution is actually related more to the iOS side of things.

First, just to clear things up about the Mac side of things:

For wifi sync, my Mac is running 1Password 6.5 and when I go to the preferences it doesn't show sync options or wifi options.

If you don't see sync or Wi-Fi options in Preferences, it sounds like you're using a 1Password.com account in 1Password for Mac. Therefore you won't see those options in Preferences because they don't apply to 1Password.com accounts - your data is automatically synced via our secure servers.

If you were to add a local/standalone vault to 1Password on your Mac (i.e. a vault that isn't part of your 1Password.com account), you would see settings in Preferences for Sync and WLAN Server (which is Wi-Fi sync but with a different name). However, that wouldn't actually help because the Wi-Fi sync option in 1Password 3 isn't compatible with the Wi-Fi sync option in 1Password 4 or higher.

So, getting back to the iOS side of things:

I have an iPad running 1Password Pro 3.6.5. I want to sync that old vault to 1Password on my new mac and iPad.

Do you have data in 1Password 3 on your iPad that you don't have in your 1Password.com account or your other devices? There are definitely some options to migrate that data to your other devices, and the best option will depend on which version of iOS your iPad is running:

If your iPad is running iOS 9 or 10, you can install 1Password 6 on it and import your data from 1Password 3 by following the steps here: How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have that data in 1Password 6 for iOS, you can migrate it to your 1Password.com account by following the steps here: Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

On the other hand, if your iPad isn't running iOS 9 or 10, you won't be able to install 1Password 6 on it. That means you won't be able to use your 1Password.com account on that iPad, but we can still help you to copy your 1Password 3 data from that device to your other devices. We'll just need to know what version of iOS is on your iPad.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.