My iOS version of 1Password has lost it's "pro" features

Options
tonyshah
tonyshah
Community Member

I originally purchased 1Password in May of 2015 (v 4.4.1) for $49.99, before the "free / pro" pricing model rolled out. My iOS app recently updated to 6.4.5 and has apparently lost the pro features? Re-installing the app didn't fix it.

When I click "restore purchase" within 1Passoword, iTunes responds with an error "Failed to Restore Purchases." I have not changed my Apple Id, so that isn't the problem. I have my email receipt from the iTunes store for the original purchase if that helps. This is happening on my two mobile devices (iPhone 6 & iPad Mini) - both on iOS 10.1.1. My 1Password PC apps (both Mac & Windows) pro features are both fine.

Please let me know what I can do to get this resolved!

Best,

-Tony

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lost pro

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I believe there is some confusion here.

First: 1Password used to be sold on a per-person, per-platform basis for what was the current major version at the time. This meant 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Windows, and 1Password for iOS were all sold separately. For example... I see you purchased a 1Password 4 for Windows license in May of 2015 for $34.99. This allows you individually to use 1Password 4.x on any number of Windows PCs. It does not allow you to use 1Password for Mac or 1Password for iOS, and does not necessarily include versions of 1Password for Windows greater than 4.x.
    You may have made other 1Password purchases from other stores, but we can only see purchases that were made from our store. 1Password for iOS is sold exclusively by Apple in the iTunes App Store.

Second: 1Password for iOS has never been priced at $49.99. The highest price point we've ever had on it was $17.99 USD.

Third: There are no Pro features for Mac/Windows. We don't have (and never had) a free/Pro model there. We offer a 30 day free trial, after which a purchase is necessary to continue using the app.

Now of course none of that helps you get back on track, but I felt it was important to give some background here and clear up what appears to be some confusion as to how our purchasing works (or worked, at the time you purchased).

So ultimately what this boils down to is: Did you purchase 1Password for iOS's Pro features from the iTunes App Store (in-app purchase)? If you did you should have received a receipt from Apple for that purchase. It would be separate from any 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows purchases. If you have such a receipt, and the Pro features are not working, I'd like to ask you to send us that receipt and also a Diagnostics Report from one of your iOS devices:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report along and the receipt to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) If you end up sending the receipt and diagnostics in separate emails, and get multiple support IDs, please post both here.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• tonyshah
    tonyshah
    Community Member
    Options

I have purchased the pro version for iOS, and it was working until the latest update. I have also purchased Windows and Mac versions - maybe the Mac version is what I was looking at? Regardless I will dig up my receipt, how should I get this & the log to you?

• tonyshah
    tonyshah
    Community Member
    Options

I couldn't find my receipt email, and searching that far back in iTunes is just too hard. I have simply bought it again since this effort is causing me much more pain then $9.99. I will gratify myself by calling you guys pirates, but pirates with a product I find too useful to do without!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Tony. Sorry to hear you had to go through that and were not able to easily locate your receipt. If there is anything we can do to help in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• guitarbruce
    guitarbruce
    Community Member
    Options

I recently upgraded my iPhone to a 7 from a 6. I've purchased pro features for IOS and it was working on the iPhone 6. When I transferred all the data from the 6 to the 7 pro features appears as I need to purchase it or restore it. I tried restoring the purchase but was given a message that I hadn't purchased it with the current iCloud id. I have family sharing under a different account id and that is turned on on my phone but it still won't allow me to restore the purchase.

I signed out on my phone and signed back in under the other iCloud id but still go the same message telling me it wasn't purchased with that account.

The odd thing is that I also upgraded my wife's iPhone to a 7 and her pro features are working. She's on my family sharing account.

Any ideas how I can get it on my iPhone without having to purchase it again?

• Ben
    Options

1Password's Pro features cannot be shared with Family Sharing, @guitarbruce, as they are an in-app purchase. Apple does not allow in-app purchases to be shared:

What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? - Apple Support

I signed out on my phone and signed back in under the other iCloud id but still go the same message telling me it wasn't purchased with that account.

Unfortunately simply signing out and signing into the other account won't do the trick. 1Password can only get the receipt for the ID you were signed into when 1Password was installed. As such to change the ID 1Password looks at you must uninstall 1Password and then reinstall it when signed into the correct ID.

You'll want to make a backup of your 1Password data before doing so, as uninstalling the app erases all data within it:

1Password backups

I hope that helps! Thanks!

Ben

• guitarbruce
    guitarbruce
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

That doesn't explain why Pro Features are on her new iPhone 7 that was restored from her previous iPhone. She only had the basic 1Password because of Family Sharing yet the account it was purchased in (as well as Pro Features) was not her account (it was one of my two apple ids) but the family sharing account. I'm trying to avoid having to buy the Pro Features a second time when it had been working on both iOS devices before this upgrade.

Thank you for your suggestion about deleting and re-installing. I'll give that a try but it is a hassle.

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for your suggestion about deleting and re-installing. I'll give that a try but it is a hassle.

I understand. I apologize for the inconvenience. But the only receipt Apple provides to us is for the Apple ID that was in use at the time the app was installed.

Ben

• msw70
    msw70
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I am having the same issue: I had what are now deemed "pro" features that have gone away. Here are some details from my receipt:

[removed by AgileBits]

What can I do to restore access to the other categories (software licenses, etc.)?

Thanks for your help!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @msw70,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

As these are public forums I've removed your receipt information. Unfortunately it isn't very helpful in this situation anyway. In order to use the Pro features in 1Password for iOS the app must be installed using the same Apple ID that was used to purchase the Pro features. A different Apple ID, including one that is part of a Family Sharing setup with the original ID, will not work. If you cannot currently use the Pro features it is likely because you've installed 1Password while logged into a different Apple ID.

Please make sure your data is safe (either via a backup or because it is synced), and then uninstall 1Password. Log into the Apple ID that you used to make the purchase (again: no other Apple ID will work). Instructions can be found here:

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then once you are logged into the correct Apple ID please reinstall 1Password and restore from the backup or re-establish syncing:

1Password 6 for iOS - iTunes App Store

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• msw70
    msw70
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thanks, Ben. That seems to work. I had tried to correct this by logging out of one account and into the purchasing account and then restoring. But, that is insufficient. I had to delete the app entirely and download it using the correct account and then restore the purchase. Thanks again for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update! That's correct. As Ben mentioned,

In order to use the Pro features in 1Password for iOS the app must be installed using the same Apple ID that was used to purchase the Pro features. [...] Then once you are logged into the correct Apple ID please reinstall 1Password and restore from the backup or re-establish syncing

That's the only way that the App Store will validate the purchase. I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.