[BUG] Unlocking 1Password in the browser no longer unlocks the 1Password app

Options
Martok
Martok
Community Member

Previously if you unlocked 1Password on Android when in Chrome for Android (ie when logging into a website), if you then afterwards opened the 1Password app, it was unlocked (as you had just unlocked it in the Chrome browser). This no longer happens.

Steps to reproduce:

1Password Security settings:
Fingerprint unlock: off
PIN Code: off
Lock on exit: off
Automatically lock: after 10 mins of being open and unused
Automatically clear clipboard: Never

1. 1Password is currently locked
  2. Open Chrome browser and visit a site to log in
  3. Switch to the 1Password keyboard and press the 1Password symbol
  4. Enter the master password to unlock 1Password in the browser
  5. Choose the appropriate login and login to the website
  6. Switch to the 1Password app - the app is locked and requires the master password to unlock it
  7. If you don't unlock the 1Password app but switch back to the Chrome browser and press the 1Password symbol when visiting a site to login, you will see that it is still unlocked in the browser but the 1Password app itself is still locked.

Note that the reverse isn't the same, if you unlock the 1Password app and then go to the Chrome browser, it is already unlocked there when logging into a site.

Of course it should be the case that if you unlock 1Password via the browser, the app should also be unlocked.

1Password Version: 6.5 BETA-4 (and presumably therefore 6.4.4)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1 and 5.1.1
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• Hi @Martok. Thanks for reporting this issue! I'm able to reproduce it on my end using the steps you provided, and I've opened an internal issue for our developers to review. ref: OPA-1057

Let us know if you come across any other bugs or problems. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.