Comments

• steveisgo
    steveisgo
    Community Member
    Options

1Password
    Version 6.3.5 (635001)
    Mac App Store
    I have installed the extension successfully. I am now attempting to use 1password on my iPhone and iPad and am having trouble.
    On my IPPad I have 1password running but I can't log into some of my Safari accounts. Specifically I bring up the McMaster Carr web site and try to log in but it doesn't fill in the User Name and Password. I know that it is stored. On my MAC I am able to log in by hitting the key in the menu bar. Is there some kind of key on the iPad that I am not seeing?
    Also, my log in for my MS Client Serve account is stored in log ins as login instead of MS. All my other login's are stored by the name, e.g. McMaster Carr or Amazon.

• steveisgo
    steveisgo
    Community Member
    Options

When I log in on my iPhone I see a screen with Favorites, Categories, Settings along the bottom. When I hit Categories I see My Items and Logins.
    When I log in on my iPad I see Settings on the top and a vertical column 1password, General, Vault, Security, etc. I can't seem to find a way to view Categories or my login's on my iPad.
    I don't understand why I am seeing different screens on the 2 IOS devices. I also don't understand how my login's on the iPad.

to better explain the previous entry about MS Client Serve: In the logins I see a list of sites labeled by icons with the name of the site beside them. But the Morgan Stanley site shows the icon with the word login beside it. I don't know how to correct it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @steveisgo,

I'm sorry you're having some difficulty with 1Password and your Logins on your iOS devices! We'll be happy to help you get this all sorted out. Since these two posts are specifically about the iOS version of 1Password, I split them into a separate discussion that I've moved to our iOS forum.

...I can't log into some of my Safari accounts. Specifically I bring up the McMaster Carr web site and try to log in but it doesn't fill in the User Name and Password. I know that it is stored. On my MAC I am able to log in by hitting the key in the menu bar. Is there some kind of key on the iPad that I am not seeing?

Filling web forms in Safari works a little differently on iOS than it does on a Mac. In order to set up and use the 1Password extension on your iOS devices, just follow the steps here: Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also, my log in for my MS Client Serve account is stored in log ins as login instead of MS. All my other login's are stored by the name, e.g. McMaster Carr or Amazon.

[...]

to better explain the previous entry about MS Client Serve: In the logins I see a list of sites labeled by icons with the name of the site beside them. But the Morgan Stanley site shows the icon with the word login beside it. I don't know how to correct it.

Do you mean one of your Login items has the wrong title? If so, you can simply edit that Login and change the title to whatever you want.

When I log in on my iPad I see Settings on the top and a vertical column 1password, General, Vault, Security, etc. I can't seem to find a way to view Categories or my login's on my iPad.

Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you're viewing the Settings section, and if you look on the left side of the screen, you should see that a 'gear' icon is highlighted (blue). There should be another icon on the left side that looks like a small filing cabinet - that's the icon for Categories. Tap on that to view the item categories and your items.

I don't understand why I am seeing different screens on the 2 IOS devices.

It's basically because of the different screen size and orientation (i.e. vertical vs horizontal). But most of it should look the same on both types of devices. Although you don't see the section names under the icons on the left side of 1Password on your iPad, the icons should be the same as on your iPhone.

I also don't understand how my login's on the iPad.

Did you mean to say you don't understand how to find your Logins on the iPad? If so, hopefully my answer above about tapping the Categories icon helped you with that! :)

I hope this all helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Cheers! :)

• steveisgo
    steveisgo
    Community Member
    Options

OK I found the file cabinet, duh.
    I think I am good to go. I have shut down keychain and am now fully dependent on 1password. I am having the most trouble with sites on my IOS devices that are not supported by this app or require 2 pages to log in. The copy and paste is a bit awkward but doable.
    As an aside, the instruction about clearing the clipboard indicates that there is an opportunity to choose the time but I don't see it in my choices. It is only an on/off switch.
    "In 1Password, tap Settings > Security, then tap Clear Clipboard. CHOOSE WHEN YOU WANT 1PASSWORD TO CLEAR THE CLIPBOARD."
    I will now attempt to create stronger pw's.
    Thank you for your help. I'm sure I'll be calling on you again.

• Ben
    Options

"In 1Password, tap Settings > Security, then tap Clear Clipboard. CHOOSE WHEN YOU WANT 1PASSWORD TO CLEAR THE CLIPBOARD."

Ah yes, sorry about that. The timeout is no longer customizable.

Thanks for the update!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.