To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't move over my personal account

morganf
morganf
Community Member

Hi there!

I use 1Password for my personal passwords (no subscription), and also I have a subscription for my company. I just got a new computer. I installed the software. I went to add the accounts, following the instructions: I went to my iPhone, opened 1P, went to 'settings' etc -- but I only see my company listed there! I used the QR code and the company copied over perfectly. But how do I copy my personal passwords over? Thank you.

morgan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:share

Comments

• Hi @morganf! Glad to hear you got your company account set up. :) You can move your personal passwords to an account that's just for you. First, sign up for an individual account then sign in to it in the app and move your personal passwords over just like you did with the company ones. You can move items individually in 1Password for your iPhone:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

You can also move them all from a computer following the steps in that article. Let us know how it goes.

• morganf
    morganf
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your help and sorry I'm stupid. I clicked on the link. Followed the instructions for the "Mac", get to the item "Click Scan QR Code." -- but where is the QR code on my Mac for my personal info?

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

@morganf it's on the Emergency kit that you should have downloaded when you created your 1Password account.

You can get the Emergency kit again by logging into your 1Password account online, then visiting your profile (from the dropdown menu at the top right) and then clicking on Generate Emergency Kit. This will allow you to download the PDF again.

Once you have done this, simply open the PDF on your computer to see the PDF and you can then drag the scan window over the bar code.

• morganf
    morganf
    Community Member

I did it!!! Here is now: I had once configured it, on my old computer, it keep the file in Dropbox, and I just synced it with the new one. Yay! THank you!

• @morganf So glad to hear that! :) :+1: On behalf of Martok and myself, you're welcome. Let us know if you have some other questions.

This discussion has been closed.