1Password crashes on Android at beginning of WLAN sync

Hermann.B
Hermann.B
Community Member

I'm using the free version of 1Password on my OnePlus One phone. I use 1Password Pro on my Macs and my iOS devices.
I want to setup WLAN sync for the Android device. WLAN sync is already working on the iOS devices without problems.

Version details:

Android: 6.0.1
1Password on Android: 6.4.5

MacBook Pro with WLAN server: 10.11.6
1Password on MacBook Pro: 6.5.1

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Install 1Password from Google Playstore
2. Start 1Password
3. Choose 'USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT'
4. Choose 'WLAN Server'
5. Select the MacBook Pro as WLAN server
6. Enter the secret as it's shown in the WLAN server's details on the MacBook Pro
7. 'START SYNC'
8. Now the first bug happens A wrongly formatted Password Hint is shown as: _%Password Token%_
9. But it shows Connected to WLAN server, and I can Enter Master Password and CONTINUE
10. Password is validated, which takes about 10 seconds
11. Getting items... (displayed for about 15 seconds)
12. Now I either get the following message and then 1Password crashes: Sending request batch 1 of size 16
13. Or it crashes without the message.
14. Android shows Unfortunately, 1Password has stopped

After this has happened, when I restart 1Password, it asks me for my master password, so it somehow has stored something it got from the WLAN server, but there are no items shown in the app after I unlock it.
Refreshing by pulling down after about 30 seconds again sometimes shows above text Sending request batch 1 of size 16 before crashing again.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hi @Hermann.B The first issue you mentioned is one our developers are aware of. If you haven't set a Master Password hint, then you see the strange code when syncing over Wi-Fi. We're hoping to get this fixed soon and I'll add your feedback. :D

As to the crash you're seeing, it sounds like 1Password may be getting stuck syncing something in your vault. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Hermann.B
    Hermann.B
    Community Member

Hi @peri,
    I just sent the diagnostics report as you asked.

• peri
    edited November 2016

Thanks! We'll take a look and be in touch shortly. ref: QYW-49977-976

This discussion has been closed.