Set up account on Windows 10. Can't sync with Android tablets,phones. No understandable instructions

Options
amiss16
amiss16
Community Member

I am so frustrated. Am not terribly computer-savvy. A friend recommended 1Password, so I jumped in. I set up an account on my Windows 10 desktop and input my passwords. Then I downloaded the app from PlayStore on my Android tablet, OS 4. I have tried every which way to sync between desktop and tablet. When I've looked for info in the forum, the suggestions don't seem to match the selections I find available in Settings. I finally managed (don't know how) to get something into my Dropbox, Apps>1Password>1Password.agilekeychain>data>default> 4 files labeled KEY files and Encryption, etc. But no vault, no passwords, no nothing useful. I am trying to get ready for an overseas trip and hoped to have my passwords available on my tablet and phone, but it's not working. I don't even want to try to set it up on my phone until I get the tablet thing ironed out. Can anyone out there help me, using plain English and talking way, way, down to me?

1Password Version: 6.0.186d
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: OS Build 10586.545
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:setting up syncing windows to android

Comments

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

The "vault" you're looking for is actually the 1Password.agilekeychain file/folder you were looking inside of.

From what I gather, your data is already available on your Dropbox account, from there it's simple:

• Install 1Password for Android
    • Go through the quick tour
    • When prompted to "Sign in to your 1Password Account" or "Use without an account", choose Use without an account
    • You will be given an option to "Create a new vault" or to choose where you currently have your data stored. Select the Dropbox icon.
    • This will begin the process of signing into your Dropbox account, enter your credentials (you might have to open 1Password on your Windows computer if you have your password stored in 1Password)
    • If you already have your Dropbox account available on your device (e.g. you have the Dropbox app installed) your account may show up as available without entering credentials.
    • 1Password will try to find your data in the usual places (like /Apps/1Password) but if it can't find it, select "Choose Vault" and browse manually to that path.
    • Select 1Password.agilekeychain
    • Select "Use this Vault"
    • You will be prompted for the Master Password
    • Sync will start

If you already had 1Password installed, you can navigate to Settings, select Sync, enable Dropbox and follow the steps outlined above.

Hope this helps

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amiss16: I'm really sorry for the frustration you've experienced! It looks like Chaconc covered pretty much everything, but if you have any questions at all, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member
    Options

I have downloaded 1 password and have the up-to-date version. (4.6.1.616) registered to my name.

The downloaded programs on my desktop and android phone work perfectly, however, I cannot get into my account online using Windows 10 and Chrome (I have the extension enabled). I purchased an android tablet and have 1Password on it - transferred from my phone - but it asks a sign-in address which I don't know, and my account key to activate it. I have the original email with the key and have put it in both on Chrome and on the tablet but it won't accept it.
    What is a sign-in address? Is there a way to access this that doesn't require a sign-in since I am not a group?

It is not a team or family version - it is my own version.

Please help me access both of these.

Diane Sagers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dsagers: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion!

It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That's the only way you'd have a sing in URL or Account Key. Instead, if you choose "Use without an account" you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.