Extension Database not available.

I get the message Database Extension problem withMac Pro Yosemite 10.10.5 and v 3.8.22(32010). Tried all suggestions, looked at all forum solutions. Help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Marinanne: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion, and has some issues on newer versions of macOS. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 6, one the other hand, fully supports OS X Yosemite, El Capitan, and macOS Sierra. You'll have a better experience there, so you may want to consider upgrading. I hope this helps! :)

• Marinanne
    Marinanne
    Community Member

So, does that mean that I have to upgrade to 1Password 6? I guess YES. Is it then possible to upgrade from 3 to 6? Do I have in uninstall 3 first? Could you give me some guidance?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Marinanne: Absolutely! In fact, 1Password 6 can read al of your existing data from 1Password 3. It supports the same AgileKeychain vault format. Just follow these steps:

1. Download the latest version of 1Password from the AgileBits website
    2. Install it and setup the app
    3. 1Password 6 may automatically find your 1Password 3 data; if not, just set it up as an "existing user" and open your vault (likely in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/)
    4. Unlock 1Password 6 and verify that all of the data you expect is there
    5. Drag 1Password 3 to the Trash and restart your Mac

You can get upgrade pricing through the AgileBits Store using your existing license, but you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Marinanne
    Marinanne
    Community Member

I have done all the steps, however I do not find my old data in my new password 6. Help

• Marinanne
    Marinanne
    Community Member

I checked in password 6, all data appeared, then deleted password 3.
    I do not find 1password6 in my library either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Marinanne: I'm glad to hear you got your data into the new app. Sorry for the confusion there! 1Password 3 used the 1Password folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ to store its data, but versions 4 and above actually use the 1Password 4 folder, so that's why you won't see 1Password 6 there. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.