All I have is a backup to Itunes and a new Android device

Options
quztwiok
quztwiok
Community Member

I had 1password running on an Iphone, but the Iphone is dead. I have a backup of 1password from the Iphone to Itunes (1p4_zip), but the data was not otherwise synced to Dropbox or Icloud. And now I have a new Android device. Can I install 1password on the Android device and get the data onto it from the backup? I have other family members running 1password on (working) IOS devices, so we could use them in a pinch but I'd prefer a direct from-backup-to-Android solution to avoid data-loss-if-you're-not-super-careful situations. Thanks

1Password Version: 3-4 months old
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Marshmallow/IOS 9
Sync Type: None

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@quztwiok: I'm sorry to hear about your predicament! Unfortunately it is not possible for 1Password for Android to read the database backup from another platform, but you can use the desktop version of 1Password (as a free trial, if you haven't purchased a license) to restore the backup and then sync the data over via Dropbox:

1Password sync options

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• quztwiok
    quztwiok
    Community Member
    Options

A bit late, but this worked great; thanks!

• quztwiok
    quztwiok
    Community Member
    Options

That is, my thank you was a bit late, your response was very timely!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, no problem! Thanks for following up. I'd much rather hear back from you 3 months later to hear that all is well, than that you've been suffering the whole time! We're here any time you need us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.