Verizon Wireless Account Creation Replaces Password with Secret Question Answer

The Verizon Wireless account creation page has 3 fields in it designated as password fields: 1 for the password, 1 to confirm the password, and 1 as the answer to your secret question. If you generate a password using the 1Password extension it fills in all 3 fields with the password, which makes the webpage make the secret answer field turn red as invalid. No matter, since you're going to change it anyway. However, once you fill out that secret answer field, if you then have 1Password save the new account information as a new login, it saves the secret answer as your password and throws away your actual password. And what's super annoying about that is it seems if you make it text you a new password to try and login again, it makes you go through the whole registration process again. And the new time I got set-up in, when I tried to go into 1Password and manually create the login, 3 minutes had elapsed since I generated the password and finished registering the account, so my password is gone again because the clipboard was cleared. I'm going to hold off trying to change it for now and hope I don't need it again until I log out, because I need the current password to enter a new password.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:verizon wireless

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry for the unexpected behavior. The reason it caught the security question as the password is because the other two fields have the same value. My guess is that this has to do with our change password logic and the fact that you didn't yet have the credentials saved in 1Password. This is a bit of an edge case but one we have some ideas for how to tackle in the future. It'll require quite a bit of rearchitecting, so I can't give any sort of timeframe, but I did want to let you know the situation is not hopeless.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.