To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Existing "Teams" account - want to also have a "Family" account for personal items

Marc D'Amour
Marc D'Amour
Community Member

I understand that within my "team" I have a personal section, but I want to be able to use 1Password with my wife and eventually as my children get older, with my entire family. So, if I have an existing "team" account and I believe an existing "family" account, how do I merge them so I can move my personal items from my "personal" team account into a family account that I can share with my wife.

Thanks.

1Password Version: I
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Marc D'Amour! Good question. The Personal vault in your team is for personal work-related items, so 1Password Families is best for truly personal stuff and anything you want to share with your family. I didn't find a family account under the email address you used to sign up here. You're welcome to look for your account under another email. If you don't find one, I suspect there may be a bit of confusion about accounts. We used to sell licenses for 1Password, and now we offer subscription accounts as well. If you got a license before, you didn't get an account with a subscription.

So, if you don't have a family account yet, sign up for one and invite your family. Then sign in to your new account in the apps and you can move your data from your team account to your family one. Let us know how that goes. :)

• Marc D'Amour
    Marc D'Amour
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Jacob - the family account should be under [address removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]

• @Marc D'Amour Good to know. :+1: I removed the email address from your pos since this is a public forum. You can start using your family account alongside the team one in the apps by signing in to it. Your existing data can also be moved over if you'd like. Learn more about both these things in our migration guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.