I don't see an option to actually post something here. You see my problem?

dadrake
dadrake
Community Member

OK, now that I entered that (which turns out to be the one-line topic, no clear from the window that was presented), I see a space to write in. Now I'll try posting about my actual problem. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the inconvenience of trying to deal with your support operation is hardly any less than I am causing here.
BTW this post has nothing to do with the Mac per se, but you demanded a Category, and none of them fits the problem: communicating with your Support operation is frustrating to a level I could hardly achieve if I tried with both hands.

1Password Version: 3 and 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS, a couple of levels
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I post to the support forum

Comments

• dadrake
    dadrake
    Community Member

OK, forget this. Posting it was the only way to find a path through the crummy web design so I could make a posting. I'd now cancel it if there were a way. (The basic problem has got so complicated that it can hardly be asked about. Though the real problem was that I followed a pointer in a message telling me it was URGENT to change [such-and-such] and offering instructions on how to do it, which sent me to, basically, a FAQ with not a hint of any such instructions.)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dadrake

I'm very sorry to hear that you had so much trouble getting in touch with us! Now that you've found out how to write around here, we'll be glad to help you sort whatever your problem was! If you tell us as much information as you can about your problem and your configuration will help you get 1Password back on it's feet :chuffed:

• dadrake
    dadrake
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. As it happened, I just now hit the mildly annoying problem that I originally set out to gripe about. (What led to my burst of bad temper was the complications of actually finding a way to ask a question or register a complaint, and then doing it.)

So, I am updating a Mac by several levels of OS releases. I installed the proper recommended 1Password version and installed the Firefox add-on. Having forgotten to de-install the old add-on, I am now getting URGENT messages saying that I must take that out and properly replace it, and look up how to do that by following a pointer that the notification provides.

That pointer goes nowhere useful. It seems to promise an answer to the question of how to do the replacement, but in fact it goes to a sort of FAQ page with a wide range of stuff, none of which looks clearly relevant. So that's my little gripe: a really unhelpful bit of non-advice, plus the search for how to get -- how even to ask for -- the real advice. This is really unhelpful for the user.

(I have my own answer, and I expect it to work: I also forgot to update to a current level of Firefox from the one that I was obliged to use on my too-old MacOS version! I expect this to work well enough.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dadrake: I'm sorry you're having so much trouble! It sounds like you just need to update a few things. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, you description indicates that you're using (only?) Firefox, so knowing the version of that and the 1Password extension you have installed in it will likely be important as well if you're still having trouble getting things sorted out. Based on your closing parenthetical though, it sounds like you may have already. Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.