6.1.304d can't sign out from vault

Maido
Maido
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Having bought a team subscription, I tried to log out of my personal 1password account, with no success. I press the Sign out link in the options > accounts, but nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks and have a great day.

1Password Version: 6.1.304d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password team

Comments

• Hi @Maido,

Thanks for writing in!

You're not doing anything wrong, the app doesn't show you the welcome page after it is signed out and it just looks like nothing happens. This will be fixed in a future update.

For now, you have to re-create the app database. Here's how:

1. Quit 1Password if it is still running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Exit
    2. Open Windows File Explorer, enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password in the address bar.
    3. Rename the data folder to old-data and open 1Password, you should be able to sign in now.
  • Maido
    Maido
    Community Member

Mmm I have no 1Password folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%, any other possible location?
    To clarify, I am logged in 2 accounts, my team and the personal one, and I can't log out of the personal one.
    Thanks again!

• Hi @Maido,

There is no other directory, we only use%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password in the latest updates, especially if you're using 1Password 6.1.304d.

Could you email us your 1Password logs and we'll see what's going on:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• Maido
    Maido
    Community Member

Forgive me but I am losing my mind :D I can't see any 1Password entry in Applications and Services Logs, I tried to just uninstall 1Password so I could install it again and maybe fix this, but I can't even find it anymore in the Windows Store, so I am kinda stuck here.
    Is there any way to download it again?
    If this helps, I had the beta version you released in summer, and I found it automagically updated to 6.1.304d just the other day, so I'd guess something went wrong back then.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016

Hi @Maido,

Ah okay, that starts to make more sense and yes, things went wrong in the Windows Store a few days ago. There was an unintentional release of an early alpha build in the Windows Store, so it switched you from the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of 1Password to the desktop version. We've quickly removed 1Password from the Windows Store within hours and are investigating to find a way to bring it back soon.

For now, what I recommend is uninstalling 1Password from the Control Panel and install the latest desktop build from here: https://www.1password.com/downloads.

You'll need to sign in again manually for both accounts in this desktop program.

• Maido
    Maido
    Community Member

Worked like a charm, thanks for the clarification and the help!

• You're welcome. We do apologize about what happened with the Windows Store.

This discussion has been closed.