feature request: save html content from a website with the browser plugin?

Options

my latest example for this question is the serialnumbers an links page of cyber friday software purchase.
the normal way to save this data could be copy and paste each item, but it could be more user friendly by saving the hole text or even html part of that site through the browser plugin.

oh, and a link to the forum and/or 1Password's homepage from the plugin or mini would be nice

thanks,
rolf

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:feature request

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

my latest example for this question is the serialnumbers an links page of cyber friday software purchase. the normal way to save this data could be copy and paste each item, but it could be more user friendly by saving the hole text or even html part of that site through the browser plugin.

@iRolf: Ah, interesting. I'm not sure that having 1Password directly save the webpage is useful, but the core of the idea is interesting. I actually already do something similar to this. I'll call it my "lazy license method". When I buy some software but am too lazy to save all of details properly in 1Password, I Print a PDF copy of the page, create a new Software License item, and attach the PDF. The reason I don't do this with HTML anymore (and why I think 1Password probably shouldn't) is that a lot of the assets will be missing in the future as sites change. And frankly there's a lot of messy scripts and things there that break too. It's just nicer to have a PDF with the information I'll need in the future when I do feel like filling out everything properly. I agree that HTML seems "cleaner", but PDF is really more future-proof. However, having 1Password do this for me would encourage me to do it more often...and my vault would get very bloated very fast. Certainly something we can consider though.

oh, and a link to the forum and/or 1Password's homepage from the plugin or mini would be nice

Yknow, that makes a lot of sense. We have a link in the Help menu of the main 1Password app, but you're right that many people are interacting with 1Password in their browser. We'll see if we can make it easier to get to the website from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.